Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Good Tuesday

Good news, Starbucks came through, I got a free drink yesterday for voting. The good news doesn't stop there, we had an election party last night with hot chocolate, popcorn, and CNN. I am confident, calm, and hopeful with the results of the election. Both McCain and Obama reacted respectfully toward each other and toward the results of the election. I enjoyed each speech- more than I expected I would. Links to Obama's speech and McCain's speech. My heart feels for McCain. Flashback: I lost the presidency election senior year and had to leave the stomp because I didn't want to look anyone in the face. Not one of my prouder moments:(

5 comments:

Heather said...

Thanks for posting the speeches. I watched Obama's last night, but missed McCain's. I liked both speeches. And I feel for McCain, too. It always sucks being the underdog.

I would like to hear a personal account of your presidential loss sometime. ;)

Jed and Stacey said...

You will always be a winner in my heart.. :)

I was suprisingly impressed with the speeches also!

Brinn said...

Well said. And If memory serves me correctly, I voted for you :) I think I got like 5 votes when I ran against Ape.... ha! I just got the samples in the mail tonight, and I am soooo excited! Thank you so much, you are the sweetest! Would you recommend applying before bed or in the morning? Once a day or more? Thanks so much stacie, I am really excited to try it out! Lets definitely plan to get together for lunch or something next week. Let me know what works for you!! Love your face.

Leatha said...

I like both speeches too. I too, would like a recounting of that presidential race loss....

Marianne said...

Yep, agreed. I also heard that Ben & Jerry's was giving out free ice cream. Sorry I missed out on that!