Thursday, November 20, 2008

A child's prayer

Heather, Jaxon, Bria and I were playing the entertaining and fun card game, Go Fish. Jaxon didn't come out on top for the last game of the night and was really upset to the point of tears. He just wanted to play one more game so he could win, but it was bedtime. I completely understand because I will play solitare for however long it takes to win. Anyway, Heather gave him the "you win some and lose some, but its still fun" talk. I thought it was settled- then came night time prayers. Here is Jaxon's prayer:

Dear Heavenly Father,
thank you for Go Fish
please bless that I can get all the matches
please bless I can win
and if I don't win, bless that we can play again
and if I still don't win, I will go in my room and play by myself
name of Jesus Christ, Amen



4 comments:

Jed and Stacey said...

Ohhh I love the prayer.. haha!!

Heather said...

Yyyyyep...that's my boy.

Do you think it's weird that he hasn't wanted to play fish since that night?

;)

Leatha said...

That is so funny!

Marianne said...

That's hilarious!