Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Monday, December 22, 2008
My mom was telling me about a DVD about the star of Bethlehem. It is about a Christian man who wanted to know whether or not the star was a real phenomena that could be scientifically proven. Upon researching, he discovered that yes indeed that really occurred. There is a mathematical equation or some sort of mathematical pattern that the stars follow. Which means you can chart any day in history and figure out what the stars looked like.
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
-I work in an office with no heat...except two space heaters
-Our internet isn't working consistently so every time I attempt to DL or UL files my computer freaks out- not to mention that switching from one page to another takes eons.
-Each time my internet goes down (upwards of 12 times a day) I have to ask a crotchety old man with long eyebrows who smells like crotch to go and fix it.
-The repair men who come to fix our computer are idiots who call me Sarah and Stacie because they don't dare ask me my name.
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Friday, December 5, 2008
1. Egg nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate. Sometimes I like it with peppermint. I always like it with cream on top.
2. Do you wrap presents or bag them? Depends on the gift. I bag things that are hard to wrap or obvious when wrapped i.e. jewelry, compact discs
3. Colored Lights or White? Both, but not blue lights
4. Do you hang mistletoe? My parents do from the light in the living room.
5. When do you decorate? I helped to decorate my house with my roommate on Monday.
6. Favorite holiday dish? can peppermint ice cream count as a dish?
7. When & how did you learn about Santa? I am sure my older siblings told me when I was quite young. It wasn't a re memorable moment in my life.
8. How do you decorate your tree? hmmm... with my hands. what do I decorate my tree with? ornaments. what is this question asking?
9. Snow...love it or dread it? Love for about two or three weeks then I am ready for spring and flowers again.
10. Can you ice skate? yes. can I skate well? NO.
11. Do you remember your favorite gift? I did get a doll that was life size. This doll was awesome, but it is also a contributing reason I have a hard time with remember my rights and lefts. Here's why: she had on a black outfit with hot pink and hot green squares. One hot pink was on the left side on the top and the other square was on the right side on the bottom- vice versa with the greens. Anyway, I was learning my rights and lefts at the time.....needless to say I thought that the right and left sides were different depending on the top and bottom of your body. Does that make any sense?... It does to me.
12. What is the most important part of the holidays? Most important remembering Christ and being more charitable. Close seconds: spending time with family & friends and giving gifts.
13. Favorite holiday dessert? plum pudding. worst holiday dessert: fruit cake Jim Gaffigan knows.
14. Favorite memory? My sister and I used to sing Christmas songs in our most beautiful and grown up voices. What was our microphone? the vacuum.
15. Do you have a special ornament? Special, IDK, but my favorites are the ones that look like icicles. I used to put them in my ears when I was little and wear them as earrings. not sanitary, but I survived.
16. What do you do on Christmas Eve? eat and watch Christmas movies with my family
17. If you could have anything for Christmas this year what would it be? a trunk full of benjamins
18. What do you do for neighbors and friends for Christmas? cards...nothing
I tag Becky, Heather, Marianne, Andrea, and Leatha
Monday, December 1, 2008
Quick story: I slept at my parent's house last night. Before going to bed my dad called me into my parent's room and said "Stace, turn on the light" I did. My parent's were snuggling closely in the middle of their bed. Then my dad said, "This is what married life is all about." I pretended to throw up and went downstairs to bed. They make me laugh :D
Two shout outs: Happy B-day Lynnie and Congrats on the baby blessing Shine-FinALLY- sorry I couldn't make it :(