Thursday, November 6, 2008

Personal Account of Presidential Election

As requested, and because I want to share, here is my senior year presidential election tragedy. It all started in the 11th grade. I remember not campaigning much because I had two AP classes that were killing me and I also thought that I could dominate my component. Bad start, I know. I was already on student council too- which meant that I had all sorts of ins and was used to taking short cuts to get my way. It gets better. So as the votes were being tallied, Coach I. (the st. council teacher) said that one person that she thought was going to win was getting smoked big time. The final tallies were being announced at the stomp that night. I wasn't stressing out really, I sort thought it was someone else who was losing, but then people started being nicer to me- so I had to find out who Coach I. was talking about. Needless to say, I got my way and found out ahead of time. Even still, when the winners were announced I couldn't stay and look at people in the eyes. I felt so sad and mostly ashamed at my behavior. I left the stomp early. Poor Lika (my foreign exchange student) came home with me so I could pout.


My senior had more travesties: I didn't make the tennis team, so I became the self appointed tennis manager. I didn't get asked to Homecoming. Instead, I went to get a concert with one of my friend's mom. I applied to be the Debate/Drama sterling scholar (I was the only applicant) and they asked one of my friends to be it instead. Not to worry, I was the Family and Consumer Sciences sterling scholar. Last big bite, I was president of the Key club and I was told by the organizer that the scholarship was "pretty much mine" and then it was not awarded to me. Never tell someone that something is "pretty much theirs" if it isn't:( All in all, it was a hard year for me, but things worked out- just as they do now.

By the way: don't the images give it such a dramatic flare? Also, the words in blue are the secrets of great leaders- so keep it on the low down.

5 comments:

Heather said...

Yes, some dramatic flare, but I would have loved seeing a picture of YOU pouting instead. Oh well. ;)

Wow, you had a rough senior year. I wasn't around for all of that and reading it all now makes me feel sad...I remember all of those things happening, just didn't know they all happened in the same school year! Good thing Lika was there for you when I couldn't be.

Can't ever get too cocky...

stacie said...

Its not meant to sound too sad- more like I was acting like a piece....

Heather said...

Yeah, I got that. ;) You piece of garbage.

JK

Lacie said...

Stacie- it is good to see you- I am kinda a blog stocker and found you on Brinns. Sounds like things are going pretty well! You need to post some pics of yourself up here.

April said...

oh my sweet stace cakes. I love the complete honesty in your blog. It makes me smile... not because all that crap happened but that you are you. Looking back I remember thinking that those sort of things were sooo important. But in reality the way you know someones true character is to see the way they have effected others for good. I'd say your pretty amazing in that category. I'm just remembering when I was prego all of the massages and foot rubs, smoothies, meditation sessions and girl talks. I was totally a hormonal wreck, and you were my saving grace. I'm not kiddding. Love you stace!