Tuesday, November 18, 2008

November 18th

I woke up this morning feeling like my senses were heightened. I could hear things more clearly and the air smelled differently to me. I was more aware of everything around me. There is something special about today, I thought. Then I called my sister because 'I knew' she would be coming this way and I wanted to see her while she was in town. We went to Target and she reminded me that two years ago today my Grandma Joan passed away.

Two years ago today I went to a Chakra class in the morning and in the afternoon I went to Dancing Cranes with my mom. I checked my phone in the parking lot of Dancing Cranes. I had about 15 missed calls and finally my dad left a vm telling me the sad news. Sorry to sound cliche, but I was in the parking lot looking up at the world spinning and I was s
tanding still- like in the movies. That really happens. So, in memory of Grandma Joan here is Winnie the Pooh because she loved him....and because she sort of looked like him toward the end of her life.

"If there ever comes a day when we can't be together keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever" -Winnie the Pooh



7 comments:

Heather said...

Awww, Stace. I'm seriously about to cry right now. That quote is perfect and yeah, that picture does bear a close resemblance to sweet Gma Joan. ;) I noticed the purple...in honor of her, too, I suppose. Wish she was here.

Andrea said...

I don't know how to ask this delicately but, how on earth did she look like Pooh at the end? It just struck me funny and gave me an idea for a post. Which cartoon character do I resemble most.

On a more serious note, I understand missing your grandma. Grandma's are just special people.

Leatha said...

What a sweet tribute! And I,too, am curious about the Pooh resemblance.

Shannon said...

Oh Stace, loved the post! You're grandma was a sweetie! I'm glad that I got to meet her when me and you were roomies! Grandma's definitely have a special place in heaven!

Jeannie said...

Stace you cant post things like that when i am not exspecting it. Like Heather i agree with all that she said. I say it the day you posted i was in google reader and blog wont load for some reason.. But anyway we all love and miss her I still have her picture on my fridge..

Jesse and Tiffany said...

Stace I just saw your comment on the Bell blog and I had to say Hello. This is Tiffany Steiner-Wheeler!! How have you been? I am so happy to see your blog!! email me your email address and I will add you to my blog, its on private
jt2wheeler@gmail.com
Later Chicka!

Miss Michelle said...

Stace. This post was amazing. It truly made me cry. I also do miss her alot. She was the best grandma. I also love how you put winnie the poo and purple in it. Those were truly here favorites. With those two things she was happy.. oh wait. Her british comedy's and days of our lives were also favorite.