Friday, October 17, 2008

Rockband Concert

Last night I went to this concert for free. Thank you Crista and Nick!!







We arrived at the concert when Dashboard started. The nice thing about Dashboard is that every song they sing is a hit. It is fun to sing along. What is more fun is looking at Chris Carrabba oolalala.....



My favorites were Hands Down and Vindicated. Chris is a different performer these days. I have seen him about three times it's interesting to see his progression as a performer. He is more confident, quirky, and from what I gather, himself.


Okay, I'll admit I was a bit nervous to go to a Panic at the Disco concert. Because look at them. However, rest assured that they are actually really talented and normal, aside from the 16 year old emo fan base. Keep in mind this assessment is coming from someone who listens to folksy, mellow music.



The lead singer was born in Utah and raised Mormon. I could sort of tell- which made me happy:) He is really talented- he would go from instrument to instrument throughout the same song. He plays guitar, accordion, cello, piano, and drums. Also, I am really impressed by his vocals. His range is unbelievable. (Musical talents- another reflection of a Mormon) I am not going to go out and purchase their albums, but I have a new respect for their sound and talent. Also, some members of the band are as young as 21. Overall, they put on a good show with one major exception NO ENCORE. I have been to a zillion concerts and they were the first to not give an encore.

We took two people home from the concert. They were high on life and other substances. Anyway, we dropped them off at 7 eleven. They both very openly announced that they were going to have some sexy time and off they went into the bathroom together.... Okay gross. Who does that in a 7 eleven bathroom? At least go to least step it up to grocery store bathroom.

6 comments:

Adam and Marianne said...

Sounds like fun. Especially your sexy new friends!

Christine said...

Hey Stacie! Of course you can add me as a link on your blog. I am going to add you too. We can be blogging buddies and stalk each other's blogs.

Becky Foster said...

Ha Ha! I love sexy friend stories!

Jed and Stacey said...

Ooo lucky, I wish I would have gone to Rock Band! I love the sexy friends story.. awesome!

Penny and Aaron Owens said...

Thanks so much for the birthday wish! You are always so thoughtful. Remember when I sent you that gift and it was like a month early! Ha;) Love ya

Tyler and Travy said...

I was looking into going to that same concert, but didn't end up making it. Now I am jealous, especially when I miss those sexy friends!