Monday, October 6, 2008

A Letter To My Body

In the last few years of my life, it has been my secret mission to enpower women. I want women all over the world to feel confident, sexy, successful, and happy. Between working at the women's shelter and battling my own demons, I believe the root to of not feeling confident, sexy, successful, and happy comes from within: specifically BODY IMAGE.

Why do women believe in the idea that there is only one way to be something.
For example, where does it say that a successful woman is a rich working woman? and sexy woman is tall, blonde, and skinny? If you have bought into these ideals STOP NOW. Replace those beliefs with new ones. Love yourself completely.

A good first step on the path to loving yourself is to write your body a love letter. http://www.blogher.com/letter-my-body I know, it sounds sort of lame at first. However, if you step back and consider that your body is divine. You are the ruler. You command your body and it is obedient. You control your movements, your health down to each cell literally, and you control your thoughts. This is a great deal of power. Let us all be more responsible with that power. Let us create happy thoughts especially about our bodies and body image. Furthermore, say thank you to a divine creation.


3 comments:

Tyler and Travy said...

Stacie, I love that! I love the Dove commericals, totally agree what you have to say and completely support you, keep in touch!

April said...

yeah!! Stace is in the blogging world! There is alot of truth to that! I think we all get so caught up in being outwardly perfect that we forget to focus within.

Leatha said...

I love that this important topic is your first (non-intro) entry.