Thursday, December 2, 2010

Clean air please

It can seem insignificant to reduce, reuse, and recycle- ESPECIALLY because Utah makes it so diffucult and non-friendly. However, maybe if everyone rallied together and did just one thing we could go from red alert to yellow alert for the next 6 months. I kind of want to be able to breathe and the air outside is discusting. Damien Rice jokes about bottled air but I don't think it's too far off.

Many people, including my dear parents, think that environmental issues such as global warming is conspiracy and when debating it turns into an 'it's God's plan' argument. In response, God via Jesus created this world with tlc. Therefore, do whatever you want to it? No, consider the lilies of the field. That field is on it's it way to being a toxic waste facility. 

p.s. Christmas is the time of ultimate consumption. Please, for the sake of everyone, be responsible for your footprint.


p.p.s I am as damned as anyone. I don't write this post from a place of superiority, I write this post from a valley with trapped toxic air :)

4 comments:

Becky Foster said...

Amen! That is one reason I'm glad to be out of Logan. We were on red alert all the time!

Heather said...

You're right...Utah makes it very hard to recycle, etc...but I too would like to be able to breathe freely this year and be able to take my kids outside to play, so I will try to do my part! :)

pasumonok said...

u should see how bad it is here...
lika

Heather said...

Hmmm...that's weird--your new playlist came up as a new post...

Anyway, can't wait to take a listen. :)