Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Blues

I was having a big case of the Christmas blues because my parent's didn't have any decorations up this year. We had our Christmas party on Sunday and my mom borrowed a little tiny tree from her work for the party. It isn't the same when you don't have any of your own decor, or rather any decor up. My mom's new slogan this year has been, "It's still Christmas even if the tree isn't up." Bah hum bog! I took matters into my own hands. I got a real tree, thank you Ashley, and had it delivered last night. My parent's were busy watching Psych on the computer so they didn't see the deliverey. Another factor on my side is my parent's bed time. They go to bed before 9 pm. They were fast asleep by 10 pm and I was setting up a real Christmas tree all by myself, which was really fun because I got to choose all of the ornaments and such. My mom was smelling the pine in her dreams and couldn't believe her eyes when she awoke to a Christmas tree. Lots of questions were entering her mind: when!?, how!?, what!? My blues are gone and I don't know if it's because I got a tree or because I surprised mom and dad, but I am certainly happy about it. I take the saying 'if there is a will there is a way' very literally. Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Becky Foster said...

Stacie I love you so much! This story warms my heart, and makes me chuckle. I'm glad you got the tree up, and I bet it made you mom's day. I hope you have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!! Love and miss you.

Christine said...

Good for you! That's a neat story. It really doesn't feel like Christmas without the decorations.