Friday, February 6, 2009

What a lunch!

Sometimes princess shoes are worth it, but not today. I went to lunch with my co-worker and former boss. We decided to walk to Olive Garden. That was an awesome idea until it started raining and we had to walk down a grassy hill. You guessed it, rather than walking down the hill, I slid down the hill. The side of my leg was covered in brown grass and cold wetness.

Continuing on, I cleaned up in the bathroom and joined my party. After sitting, I spotted our waiter immediately. I thought he was good looking, a bit rough, but pleasant. My co-worker and former boss teamed up together and started teasing because our waiter got tongue tied in my presence-which he sort of did. They kept saying things like we had chemistry blah blah blah

We finished up and requested boxes for their extra food. I got the endless soup and salad so I wasn't getting a box. We were saying how funny it would be if we could have the waiter box up some soup for me- and we thought he probably would. BUT we weren't really going to ask him. So, as he is boxing up their lunches, my co-worker says, and "she was wondering if you would box up a bowl of soup for her," he says 'sure' and I embarrassingly try to cover and explain "we were just seeing if that was allowed- really I don't want anymore soup." Then, my former boss insists we get some more soup. The waiter is laughing and probably wondering whether I really want more soup or am lamely flirting with him. He meets my eyes, smiles, and says "don't be shy." I wasn't!

Sliding down the hill, looking like a rainy wet mess, getting teased about the waiter, accepting free soup, walking back in the rain, not falling up the hill (thanks goodness), and back to the office. What a lunch!

9 comments:

Becky Foster said...

Ha Ha Ha! I love this story, and I can vividly picture it all. He wants you! You should have slipped him your number.

Heather said...

Well, did you at least get his number?!

I am still laughing about you slipping and fall on your ace. Hahahahhaha.

How come you're always there to witness all of my public falls, and I always miss yours?

Simply not fair.

stacie said...

I didn't technically "fall." Okay I did it was just so fast. I slide on my side and hopped back up, but of course by then, Jalise and Ed were asking me if I was okay. It's awful falling in public.

Of course I didn't get his number! Who do you think I am!

I think I forgot mention he had long hair pulled back in a pony tail and earrings in both ears. Don't think 90's think modern and stylish, but sort of grungy.

Brinn said...

This made my day.. I like you so much.

Leatha said...

Ha ha ha I love it! So, you going back there next week? ;)

Nicole said...

LOL that is awesome!!! Sounds like a great Lunch!

Jed and Stacey said...

Ohhh noo!! You are too funny!

Shannon said...

I loved when you told this story last night! So funny, I just keep picturing it! Let's go to Olive Garden and find that waiter...deal? Thanks for such a fun night with the chicas, I seriously laughed so much! Much love.

Marianne said...

Ah, so now I hear the whole story...:)