Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Enlightenment

After my last post, I realized that Emotional Release Therapy wasn't clear to everyone so I decided to post about it.

Why do emotional releasing therapies? We all need it. People hold on to emotions be it fear, hate, low self esteem, protection, inability to forgive etc etc. From the time we were in the womb we were experiencing emotions and throughout the span of our lives emotions have been building. Some of these emotions are so strong that they sabotage aspects of life even if we currently aren't feeling that way. For example, the last appointment I had, I discovered that I have feelings associated with lack of charity that have been building and creating low self worth feelings. It is totally true! When I see someone on the side of the road broken down and don't stop- I send myself on a guilt trip or when I laugh at someone when they fall and don't run the rescue...the list goes on and on. Well after twenty plus years of sending myself of guilt trips it can cause some damage and I didn't even realize I was doing it. So how did I release the emotion(s)? Creating a new belief pattern and call to action. I no longer feel guilty when I laugh at someone for falling. I know that is isn't my job to save the world. Instead I just say a silent prayer that they are okay. It is super easy it is just a matter of recognizing how you are telling yourself to feel and responding appropriately. Some emotions are buried so deeply and cause horrible physical problems: depression, eating disorders, infertility, poverty, acne etc.

For those of you still reading this post and want to learn more about the subject I recommend the following books: (the first is my favorite)

Remembering Wholeness by Carol Tuttle
Feelings Buried Alive Never Die by Karol K. Truman
Excuse Me Your Life is Waiting: The Astonishing Power of Feelings by Lynn Grabhorn
Everyday Immortality by Deepak Chopra

Also for those in the area, if you want recommendations of Emotional Release Therapists I have a few I go to for different things. If you feel lame or need encouragement just think: there is a reason why Utah sells more anti depressants than any other states. :)))) Take care of your emotional crap before it takes care of you!!

8 comments:

Marianne said...

I might have to add this to my list of favorite quotes: Take care of your emotional crap before it takes care of you! :)

stacie said...

thanks- its an original.

Shannon said...

Love it, Stace! You always get me thinking deeper! And thanks for letting me vent, stress, laugh etc...with/to you! You're the best!

Heather said...

Amen to that last statement! Hehehe. You'll have to let me borrow Remembering Wellness when you get done with it.

Jed and Stacey said...

I love it! You're so full of all sorts of knowledge! I love the new background/header too!

Brinn said...

Love this post, and I completely agree.. like we have spoken before. I will have to check that book out next time we are at the library. p.s. I think your awesome, and I L*O*V*E your new header and blog background... yummy!

April said...

Going along with your idea of Utah selling the most anti depressants.. summer and I were talking about how being LDS many of us are on this quest for perfection... and manytimes it somehow morphs in to perfecting things that don't matter... perfect hair, skin, body ect. We believe it's satans little way to screw things up. And NONE of those things really matter. So why don't we all stop comparing ourselves to eachother and start worrying more about what God thinks. And thats my 2 cents:) Love your post once again. Thanks for the free therapy:)

Beth Soelberg said...

When I feel emotionally overwhelmed, I think of Grandma Gloria saying, "Beth, you need to get a hold of yourself!"

Christina also uses this.

Would you say this is a healthy pattern for emotional well-being? :)