Thursday, February 19, 2009

Fitness

Everyone, including myself, has been working harder on their fitness lately. Here's to all of us:

F un
I nvestment
T houghts
N utrition
E motions
S leep
S unshine

Fun- Fitness has to be fun. I am motivated/driven by fun. (I have a lot of yellow in my color code). For me, fun equals fulfillment. Since fitness is a lifelong aspect of our lives it is important to get fulfillment.

Investment- Fitness is an investment of time and money. Healthy eating habits can cost more than crappy eating habits (it depends). Getting massages and other bodywork treatments cost money and take time. Working out takes time for sure and sometimes money (if you go to a gym or have a trainer).

Thoughts- Thoughts are things- literally. Each thought has a vibration. Out of all of your bodies (emotional, mental, spiritual, physical) your physical body is the weakest. Our mental body has way more capacity and power than our physical. So its important to pay attention to your thoughts because they have control over your emotional and physical body...think about it!

Nutrition- To quote the Extreme Body Make-over Trainer, "nutrition is 80% of what I do." Its true. What you eat affects so much: function of body, shape of body, glow of skin, energy level, etc etc. I could go on forever about how important it is to fuel the body, but I won't.

Emotions- If you haven't looked into emotional release therapies- do it now! I am reading Remembering Wholeness and loving every word- check it out. Also, I can testify from a massage therapist point of view that muscles hold emotions. It is so bizarre and cool- I wish everyone gave massages and could feel for themselves muscles holding onto emotions.

Sleep- Overall, I probably get too much sleep. I love sleeping. Every cell and organ re-energizes at night. Look-up circadian rhythms. amen.

Sunshine- Soak up some vitamin D. Breathe some fresh air.

7 comments:

Becky Foster said...

AMEN!!! Love every last comment. Did you come up with all of this?? I'm impressed. Good job, and keep up the good work. You've motivated me. Thanks love!

Brinn said...

Awesome post Stacie!

Marianne said...

Stacie, can you just come on over for several hours so we can talk about everything! (Maybe make that several days.) I always think of things that I "just want to talk to Stacie about" because you actually have a knowledge and an opinion about things. I love it! I've never heard about emotional release therapies. Tell me more!

Jed and Stacey said...

I love it!! You're awesome!

Leatha said...

Love it! Oooh...if you are working on fitness, I have perfect barter for us! Let's chat tomorrow. :)

Lindsey said...

Loved the post; we have a lot in common! I've never heard of emotional release therapies; sounds interesting. Oh, and Jake could definitely do your parents will, I'll post on our blog when his website is done and you can check it out.

April said...

I love your posts... and I'll be honest,I don't read a lot of peoples blogs, I just look at the pictures, but with yours I love to read it because it is so you! And we both know that I love you. Very creative, I agree with all of it. We went to the Zoo today, I can't tell you what the sun shine did for my spirt! I can't wait for spring!!!!!