Sunday, June 7, 2009

I am a trained doula

I went to a doula training this weekend and loved it. I couldn't have imagined a better experience. I left the training feeling empowered, educated, and interwebbed with women. Our bodies are divine, capable, and strong.

One thing that really amazed me is how many different options are available to us while giving birth. I want everyone else to know their options too.

Also, I need to attend three births to become internationally certified. So get pregnant or if you are already pregnant consider me as your doula.

7 comments:

Heather said...

Wow, I wish I looked like that pregnant. ;) You can be my doula...pregnant or not. ;)

Brinn said...

I want some doula....


if I'm ever around your parts when I'm pregs, consider yourself hired.

Congrats, I think it you are super cool.

Alison said...

as I said on facebook, you are welcome to come to NY for my birth! Due date is in 23 days.

Marianne said...

I need to get pregnant! I want to hear all about it! Stop by sometime and we'll chat!

Shannon said...

Yay, I'm glad you finally did this! I loved our chat a while back about doula's. Next go round, you're hired!

Christine said...

Congrats! How exciting. I don't know much about doulas, but I would like to learn more.

Beth Soelberg said...

Hey, the only way people look like that when they're pregnant is airbrushing.

I will fly you to MI to be my doula upon the birth of my next (?) child...