Monday, June 8, 2009

Feminist Explosion

Normally I am a feminist, but for the time being, I am a 'super-feminist.' Thank you doula training. Anyway, at my training I learned about a site http://www.owningpink.com/ I read through it quickly. I like what I have read so far. I really love the article, The True You: Are You Living an Authentic Life? It brings up good points like: Do I express the real me? Do I even know who that person is? Self Expression is really important for me because I spend the majority of the time introverted.

My mom has a scripture up by the computer that says "And verily I say unto thee that thou shalt lay aside the things of this world and seek for the things of a better." D&C 25:10

Life is totally a learning a process for all of us! I know that I spend too much time being a product of the world. I am not! We are all God's creation. We are all so different and unique. Let's find our authentic selves and stop trying to "fit in" with the world's expectations of a good wife, good mother, good daughter, good mormon, good student, good woman etc... Finding the true you and learning to express her is among the better things. Own your pink!

2 comments:

Marianne said...

Love it! I'm going to go and check out that website right now!

mj said...

love that. true