Wednesday, March 25, 2009



I finished the book Wicked yesterday. I have been listening to it on cd (17 discs). The only feedback I had heard previous to reading the book was: 'its so dark.' I am here to say, "Gee wiz, the title of the book is Wicked. Get a grip." Many people get dissuaded from reading a book if they hear a comment like that. I loved the book. It had me questioning good and evil, the purpose of religion, expressions of love, and all other really prominent components of life. Maybe I am more curious than average, but when I hear something is controversial I want to check it out for myself to form an opinion. The writing style is beautiful and imaginative. I highly recommend reading this book esp. if you have seen the musical or are interested in doing so.
By the way, I saw the musical previous to reading the book in Chicago last September. Melissa and I both won a pair of 4th row tickets for $25.00. The book is really detailed and pretty different from the musical, but I loved both.

4 comments:

Christine said...

You're so pretty Stacie! I loved the play Wicked, so maybe I will have to consider reading the book.

Leatha said...

I didn't know anything about Wicked until I read this post. I'll have to check it out.
I LOVE that picture of you!

Heather said...

Ooo la la! You girls are HOT! You'll have to lend me your copy so I can check it out. Sounds interesting after our conversation the other night...

April said...

Stace, that picture is sassafrass!!!! I am so glad that you got into the world of books on CD. I love love love love them!!! I want to listen to that before I see it.