Tuesday, January 13, 2009

We are a Poweful Group, Us Women and Mothers


Growing up I was the girl who was breast feeding her stuffed animals and staging out every parenting scenario from conception (not to worry- when kissing meant creating babies) to birth to play time to disciplining my stuffed animals aka babies. With that said, I have had a clear desire to be a mother since I was small. Not all women have that same desire. Part of that desire for me was and is breast feeding. Breast feeding is just another major action of love and sacrifice that women do for their families and children. And all actions of love don't have to be sacrificial. Hopefully, women will use her own instincts when deciding to stop bfing her children and not cultural or social pressures. With that said, God bless all the women who sacrifice their bodies, time, and schedules to breast feed. Whether or not you've bfed, God bless women in general, who: grow and nourish life inside of them, who endure labor, and who raise and parent. We are a powerful group, us women and mothers, and don't forget it.

7 comments:

Shannon said...

Love it Stace! And love you!

Marianne said...

Amen sista!!!

Heather said...

Okay, so I was going to say, "Amen Sister!" then got on here and saw that that's what Marianne wrote. Hmmm. So, AMEN to both of you, then! ;)

Heather said...

I just noticed that you added a bunch of new songs to your playlist...probably inspired by last night's movie...

You should check out more songs by Priscilla Ahn. Love her. :)

Lacie said...

Stacy you are so awesome! I LOVE reading all your posts!

Nicole said...

You just knew I am having the hardest time ever with breastfeeding. I am trying everything to get it to work.. You inspired me not to give up! To keep going! Thank you!

Leatha said...

So true. Awesome post.