Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Massage Apprenticeship Opportunity


Years ago, I apprenticed to get my massage license. It was one of those cosmic moments where the stars aligned and I was intuitive enough to be in the right place at the right time. Massage therapy has totally changed my life to the core and I am so grateful. I have met the most interesting people and had opportunities I couldn't have dreamed of having. 

Since apprenticing, I have always wanted to give back and apprentice some students of my own. The time has come when I have acquired enough hours as a therapist to begin teaching students. I am excited to be in a position to teach. I can apprentice two at a time, which is ideal for teaching. If you or anyone you know is interested in becoming a massage therapist please refer them my way.

An apprenticeship program is a fraction of the cost of Utah College of Massage Therapy, it's a one-on-one learning environment, and apprentices can work while learning. In fact, I quit my 9-5 when I was an apprentice because I was making more money massaging half day than I was working all day. 

The perfect candidate for an apprenticeship program would be committed to putting in 15 hours a week to learning and working, is interested in health and wellness, and is self motivated. I got my massage therapist license in one year. There is now an extended option of two years, but honestly it's worth it to get it done in a year. 

I have a slew on information and resources to share. Don't let this opportunity pass you by. Truly, massage is one of the best things I have ever done for myself and it's an opportunity to serve someone everyday. It's rare to make a living doing something that you love and that everyone else loves too. 

1 comment:

Becky Foster said...

I'm so proud of you Stace! I wish you were talking on one of those massage commercials. :) I hope the people come!