Sunday, May 23, 2010

Wild West

I am enjoying Texas more than I thought I would. My gracious hosts are showing me a good time. We laugh, eat, and wait a lot. We also go on walks, grocery shop, play games, and watch t.v. Isn't it funny how doing the most basic things can be so fun depending on who you are doing them with? I am having a blast being here. I thought I would share some of the not so basic things that I have done in the wild west:

- I got to dance in a rainstorm. The rain here is incredible!
- Ate authentic tex-mex and bbq
-We went to the San Antonio temple. It is closed for cleaning so we didn't go on the grounds.
-The Alamo and the river walk
-I saw both Iron Man and Iron Man dos
-Visited Military bases
-Dr. Captain Foster checked my hearing. I am in the normal range. Phew.
-We spend time at the single's branch. I love seeing Becky and Johnny in their callings and interacting with their friends.

I am going to be so sad to leave here. I have had such a wonderful vacation.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I'm glad you're having a fun time...aside from the bee stings and fashionably late baby!

April said...

We miss you Stace! I guess this means no Stacie in St. George:( You will be deeply missed! I am getting really impatient for this little girl to get here! I know you are at the hospital right now, I'm dying to hear how things are going! I'm glad you have had such a fabulous time with Beck, I'm sure you couldn't ask for a better hostess:) Love you, can't wait to hear all about the birth!