Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Beautiful Desert

When I think of Arizona, I think of boring terrain. Granted, I haven't been everywhere in AZ, but I just roadtriped through a lot of the state and was very visually stimulated. First of all, Arizona license plates are colorful for a reason. I saw so many beautiful colors in the desert. The saguaros cacti are enormous. Arizona is the only place in the world where the saguaros grow. It is also a very mountainous state--not flat. Between the mountains, cactus, flowers, and red rock, I was in heaven.

In Sedona, I hiked a one of seven vortexes. I really enjoyed that experience. Overall, Sedona is amazing. I have heard that it is the prettiest city in the US. I could believe that.

Jerome is another beautiful city. Former mining city, turned ghost town, and now its an artsy touristy city. Maynard James Keenan, lead singer of Tool resides in Jerome and runs an art gallery. So, you can imagine how cool it is...

What I enjoyed most was spending time with my brother and his family. I went to Arizona to drive my brother's car for him. They needed an extra driver and I wanted a getaway. They moved to the Verde valley- which is right in the middle of Sedona and Jerome.

We all miss them terribly! My brother is awesome and a great friend.

My brother has total faith and trust that the universe will provide and it does! (I get scared and anxious). He moved his family to Arizona because its beautiful. He had no job or place to live before he went down there. Not surprisingly, it all worked out. I hope to have that kind of faith in the universe one day!

Thanks for the awesome road trip, beautiful adventure, and lesson learned!

Note: I did not take these pictures.

4 comments:

Heather said...

I had the same assumption about Arizona...sounds like a beautiful place, though! I wish you had taken some pictures! We'll definitely have to visit someday. Now that Jeremy is living there, we'll have an excuse to go! ;)

stacie said...

Looks much better with pictures! You're welcome. ;)

April said...

I'm glad to made it back safe:) I'm proud of you for doing the trek all alone. That would have scared me:) Now that your bro i there you'll have a fun place to visit:) Can't wait to see you in a week:)

Brinn said...

What a fun little trip! Glad you had a little excursion, travel is a wonderful thing.