Thursday, November 12, 2009

CMAs

Yes, I watched the Country Music Awards. I was disappointed that I was missing out on Modern Family and Cougar Town, but I'm a country music fan so I watched.

Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood weren't very funny to me. I was embarassed for both of them throughout different parts of the award show. I hope they don't host next year. I did appreciate them poking fun at Kanye, but once was enough.

I have to admit that I was pretty discusted that Taylor Swift won so many awards. Most disappointing was The Entertainer of the Year award. As upset as I was, I think my mom and Carrie Underwood were more upset.

Best and Worst performances:

I really liked Martina McBride, "I Was Country When Country Wasn't Cool," with George Strait. George made it awesome. Keith Urban is the bomb. I loved his song "Til Summer Comes Around." It has a bluesy sound- which I am a sucker for. Mixed reviews about the Kenny Chesney/Dave Mathews's duet, "I'm Alive." I love slow sentimental songs so it worked for me. The performance was a top favorite of mine. Lastly, I have to admit that I liked Taylor Swift's, "Fifteen." She was in her element.


Daughty and Vince Gill did NOT do it for me. The song "Tennesse Line" was a pretty cool song, but where was Vince? I was really bored during Sugarland, "Keep You." I physically had to leave the room during Jamey Johnson & Kid Rock, "Between Jennings and Jones." I wanted Brookes & Dunn to go out singing one of their biggest hits. Overall, their performance was good. I was just let down. I wanted them to go out with a bigger bang.

I miss the Dixie Chicks. Come back!!

4 comments:

Becky Foster said...

ha ha. You crack me up, and yes I watched a good chunk of the CMA's myself, and I'm not a country fan. Great reviews!

Heather said...

Sounds like I missed out on quite the night! I never thought I'd hear (see) the words "I'm a country music fan" come out of your mouth! I mean, I knew you listened to it sometimes, but WOW. ;) Can't wait for our shows to return next week!

Brinn said...

too funny! I was so bummed Modern Family and Cougar Town weren't on, I let blandon watch football :) Love those shows!

stacie said...

Heather, Come On!! We grew up on country.