Monday, January 7, 2013

2012 wrap up

It was a big year for me. I did some scary, adventurous, and wonderful things. Big highlights are as follows:
  • I went back to UVU for the summer and fall semesters. (still going attending in 2013) I am not going full time or taking a heavy class load, but I am learning and having a great time. Among my favorite classes were Stress Management and 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.  
  • Technology spree: I switched over to a smart phone and can now accept credit cards and do other cool business stuff from my phone. I bought an ipad 2 at a yard sale. It was unopened. I am proud of that purchase. I got my first lap too. It's an Acer. It's good to me.
  • Good-bye Santaquin and hello (again) freedom. I moved out of my parent's house. I had moved back intending to only be there for the summer months and then a few years happened.... It was beyond time to move closer to work and school. I miss having friends close, but they are still pretty close.
  • Raw food retreat and raw food living. I went to an awesome retreat and committed a month to 80/10/10 lifestyle. I am constantly aiming for a mostly raw diet. It feels awesome. The retreat was probably the best way for me to understand the 80/10/10 movement and do it.  Also, I visited Seattle for the first time because the retreat was in that area. What a beautiful city!
  • I accepted a position for the Community School of Midwifery. Look out world! Honestly, I am thrilled, humbled, and slightly over-whelmed. However, I am a born leader and it's good to be authentic.
  • I had some major dental work done which I had been avoiding for years because the last dentist I went to gave me all of my dental problems...conquered a great fear by trusting another dentist. I checked out several of them over the years and never went to any of them. Silver Creek Dental in Payson is the place to go. The dentist is holistic, nice, and a perfectionist. All good things when considering a dentist.
  • Attended some beautiful births! Wow! Loving the birth world. I also attended a birth as a midwife's apprentice (I have only attended births as a doula until that point). That was awesome. I am looking forward to more opportunities to serve as an assistant. 
  • Read incredible books. I am loving anything by Doreen Virtue and my midwifery textbooks. If you haven't yet:  an incredible book and movie is the The Life of Pi. Wow, just wow.
  • Good music: I discovered the Alabama Shakes and The Heartless Bastards, and rediscovered Wilco. Songza and Jango are my fav online radios and 90.9 krcl is the best station if you are local to Utah. Some days, I get really obsessed with good music...it happens and then krcl or songza happens.
  • Many other great adventures like Vegas, other weekend getaways, Sedona for Christmas, new friends, and art projects have happened and blessed my life. 
In sum, I would say that 2012 was a great awakening for me. I shut a few doors and opened up a few more. I am feel less afraid to be myself. I am digging deep and finding the real me. I am loving who I am finding. I wish for everyone to experience the joy of themselves. More acceptance, more love, and more peace in 2013!

2 comments:

Heather said...

It was quite the year for you! I'm happy that you're enjoying discovering YOU! xo

Becky Foster said...

Stace, you always inspire me. I love all of your adventures, but I just wish you had more adventures involving me. You're an amazing person Stace, and I love you dearly. Thanks for being awesome. And I mean it. xo