Saturday, October 13, 2012

Board Member!?!

As I was basking in the sun on a grassy hill overlooking Pike Place market and the ocean, I got a phone call inviting me to be a board member for The Community School of Midwifery. (What was I doing in Seattle? details later) For those of you who don't know, I have been going to this school for the past year working toward my CPM license. Certified Professional Midwife. I was and am totally elated. I accepted immediately. I am still not quite sure what this means, but I am quite excited about it. I went to my first official board meeting on Friday. It was exciting. It's seems more real now that I am going to be a midwife than ever before. I am a student midwife, but never refer to myself like that. However, I am making more of conscious effort to own my new title :) Here are some pictures to enjoy:

View of the city
The famous gum wall
                                                      The spot where I added my gum
                                                          Beautiful Dahlias at the market

2 comments:

Heather said...

Congratulations! I'm excited for you! Can't wait to see more pics from your trip! Tomorrow?

Brinn said...

I am over-the-moon excited for you dear friend. And I need to know about seattle ASAP. xoxo