Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Health Mania

This last week I worked in the spa at the Young Living Convention. I went up early everyday (or stayed late) to participate in the convention. I learned so much! I am happy to be a distributor for a company committed to making organic, green, and quality products.

Meanwhile, back at home, I was receiving my Amazon purchases. I recently created an account and bought three books: The Gorgeously Green Diet & How to do it Gorgeously by Sophie Uliano, and The Green Smoothie Diet by Robyn Openshaw. I have started reading all three books already and am soaking in information faster than a bacteria filled kitchen sponge!

I am happy to share some information with those still reading:

-We are extremely deficient in hormones. We are swiftly collecting artificial hormones from produce, dairy products, and skin products- which is totally throwing off our bodies ability to maintain homeostasis. Some common problems affecting women who are hormone deficient: TMJ, depression, PMS, infertility, thyroid problems, and migraines. Basically everyone I know is suffering with one of these problems.

Young Living just released a new product called Progessence Plus Serum. This product is made from wild yams, vitamin E, frankincense, bergamont, and menthol from peppermint. Apply topically over your carotid artery. The product is around $45.

More information coming. I was totally overwhelmed thinking about all of the hormones I was ingesting.

On a happy unrelated note: I am thrilled to announce that I have completed the Fablehaven series. This included five teen fantasy novels written by a Utah author. Talk about awesome!!!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Super awesome!! ;)

Maybe someday I'll stop judging those books by their covers and give them a chance...

I'm glad you're enjoying your new books...you should post the green smoothie recipe. :)

Brinn said...

yay for health. can't wait to hear your thoughts on the green smoothie! Have you tried one yet??

April said...

I love that you are my little witch doctor. That drink really helped boost my health! Thanks Stace your a dream! Brett loves those books, you guys should start a book club:)