Sunday, April 25, 2010

Happy Birthday to me!!!

Somewhere in my subconscious, I get anxiety and stress around my birthday. It's like I wake up and realize that I am out of sorts and then say to myself, "Oh yeah, my birthday is coming up." Not this year! I have been totally embracing life and age! I have been celebrating all week!

I credit some of this year's ease to Carol Tuttle's book, It's Just My Nature. It's a book about remembering who you are and to stop conforming to other's (or yourself's) perfect person image. I know that I am carefree and playful, but also passionate and serious about things that matter to me. My lifestyle and habits are not in alignment with the world's. I don't have a 9-5 job. I don't care about time. I will play everyday and do things that I enjoy. I think with my heart. I am last minute about almost everything. Previous to reading It's Just My Nature, I felt irresponsible and childish, but now I am embracing those qualities. I am who I am. I contribute to the world in my own way. Most importantly, I am happy with myself. After 25 years of living, I am accepting myself.

My birthday celebrations this week have been off the chizain:

I went to a palm reader! It was awesome! I recommend it to anyone. The lines on your palm are changing daily giving you signs about you! I went to Chrissa at the Golden Braid Bookstore. That day was fun-packed because I hung out with James, Melissa and her family. After palm reading, we went the top of SLC library to overlook the valley and see the roof gardens.

I received not one, but two massages during the week.

I went on a Deseret Industry and Savers shopping spree. I bought a new spring wardrobe. Second hand shopping is so fulfilling because its like I went to hundreds of stores instead of just two. Also, I am a participant in the reduce, reuse, recycle system.

I went caramel. My hair is now a soft shade of caramel. Thank you to my beautiful hair dresser whose skills are tremedous. We also partied hard 'Ape & Stace' style by watching a BBC romance and eating a lot of delicious food.

On my actual birthday, I went to work. In the words of Jim Gaffigan, "Oh, I have to work on my birthday, argh, I have to pay for sex on my birthday." LOL. I actually like to go to work so that was pretty fun. After work, Heather took me out for a night on the town!! I always get spoiled by her :) Thank you, sis! We ate at Pizzeria 712. Yummy! Then we shopped, Red Mangoed it, and went to The Back-up Plan. I give it 1 1/2 stars out of four stars. It was funny.

On Sunday, I had a little family birthday dinner. Chocolate cheesecake, YES PLEASE :)

Thank you to everyone for remembering me on my birthday and making my day special.

5 comments:

stacie said...

Stacie, I'm glad you had a fun birthday week...you deserve it!! I had a great time last night! Love you, sis! :)

stacie said...

Oops, that was me...(Heather)

Becky Foster said...

Ha, I was confused at your own comment at first. I'm glad you had a fun b-day though. How 'bout I fly you to Texas for your b-day? And we'll party pregnant style.

April said...

I'm so glad that you had such a great week and that I got to be a part of it! Summer and I were talking about you on Saturday. I was telling her how I love to be around you because you are one of my "happy" people. No matter what stage in life you are in you find meaning and joy and I love that. I love that you like to have fun all the time, I think if we were all a bit more "childish" we would be a lot happier. I just can't say enough about my Stace except that I love you and never change the beautiful woman that you are!

Stephanie said...

I hope you had the best Birthday EVER!!! 25 wow your young! :-)