Monday, December 28, 2009

I love receiving holiday letters. It seems like families write down all of their big milestones and give updates on each family member. I've always wanted to write one and send one out to friends and family, but feel somewhat weird because I am single and would only be giving updates on myself. Now I can write my holiday letter, all about me, on my, all about me, blog. And yes, its long because I do like to talk about myself.

Dear Friends and Family,

Thank you all for being in my life and for your love and support this past year. 2009 has been a big year for me and I would like to share month by month some of my highlights with you.

January: I re-learned to be grateful for my body. I volunteered to massage someone who was recently injured and staying in a quadriplegic rehab center at the U. He is around my age and very active and alive, but had some crazy accident and is now experiencing paralysis from the chest down. Briefly, I learned what this injury encompasses and it really shook my world. A gained a new friend and a whole new perspective.

February: Two things: First, I attended the big premiere of Minor Details. I worked on the film as a make-up artist with Becky. Please check out our work- you won't be disappointed. A big thank you to Melissa for the awesome hook-up. Secondly, I purchased Remembering Wholeness by Carol Tuttle for $1.00 back in January at DI, but finally read it in February. I re-read sections of it all the time- her writings have transformed me. By the way, the best time to shop goodwill is right after the New Year people are getting rid of stuff left and right. (January would also be a good month to dumpster dive- if you are into that :))

March: The coolest memory in March would have to be an awesome road trip to Moab. We hiked through Arches and then through Goblin Valley. Sadly, I had never done either before. It is so beautiful and its so close. It makes me sad to think of the arches colapsing- best not to go there or I'll get all Al Gore ish. I love getting outside and witnessing the Earth's beauty. However, the best part was being there with friends and getting awesome sunglasses.

April: This was a huge month for me because this is my Golden birthday year. I turned 24 on the 24th. WOWzers! Heather made my birthday special. She is so thoughtful that way. I spent the whole day with her and the kiddos. We went to lunch, a bakery, on a walk, and opened gifts which were all wrapped in gold paper. About a week before my b-day, I went on a road trip with Melissa to California- which was so awesome. I stayed at a sweet cabin in Lake Tahoe. (L.T. is an energy vortex). I explored San Francisco and played in the ocean. Mostly, I enjoyed meeting new friends. Overall, it was a perfect month!

May: Big milestone- I quit my day job. I had been working for an outsourcing company since June of 2008. I hated the work and it was stealing my soul away. The last few months were terrible. So one day I said. 'I am threw with this.' I have never looked back. I met some great friends along the way- who I still am friends with and I learned about global networking and outsourcing. I don't regret it for one second, but I am so glad I am threw with it.

June: I attended a doula training conference; thus, fulfilling a huge goal. I have wanted to be a doula for years and finally things aligned. I manifested this, pre-sold some gift certificates to pay for it, and am so glad I did. I really am quite proud of myself. I wasn't sure if I could do it- and I almost backed out, but didn't. I met some amazing ladys who I am still in contact with- the whole weekend was magical.

July: My family took a vacation to Michigan. My dad's family is from Michigan and they all live there. We don't make it out as often as we would like to. It is sort of a trip to visit with family members, who (unfortunately) I barely know, and they share my eyes and sense of humor and I automatically love them. My favorite past time is hanging out on the beach- that is enough for me. I am so happy to have these memories in Michigan and hope for many more.

August: I have the goal to see all of my favorite artists in concert. I went to Bret Dennen in April which was the best time- I sang and danced the night away. In August, Iron & Wine came for free- which was even better! Two artists are crossed off my list in 2009! Anyway, what made Iron & Wine so special was that I went to the concert alone. I couldn't find anyone to go with because as usual it was last minute. I usually back out if I have to do something alone, but I went anyway and had the time of my life. It was an outside summer concert- all I can say is it was a perfect night (except for the girl singing Flightless Bird, American Mouth in my ear).

September: Great month, but I need to preface with some history. First off, I got rid of my massage office in August, due to costs, which was as depressing as hell. Let me back up here, in July I found another office to work out of- to try and save my office. I got the job on the spot because it just so happens they were looking for a new therapist. I didn't know how great my new office was for me because I was still so upset about trying to save my office and was fighting a loosing battle. Alas, I got rid of my office in August, and was super depressed for weeks at the new office because I felt like a huge failure. Fast forward to September, I began flourishing at my new office. I get along well with all of the people I work with. To get to the point, feeling blessed and fulfilled where I am was a massive accomplishment because having my own office meant a lot me and giving it up was an ego crusher. Another career advancement, I attended my last birth (to get me doula certification- yes, I am a pirate). Previous to this, I had two other births and a six week Hypnobabies class.

October: For all those who believe in manifestation listen to this beautiful experience unveil: I had a job interview set-up on the 10th in Las Vegas and no money to stay there. As a solution, I was corresponding with a person on KSL to trade massage for a night in his condo in Vegas. He wasn't being very responsive even though he had confirmed that he would like to trade. It was the night before I was supposed to leave and this guy was being wishy-washy so I called him up and got a little assertive and forthright. The end result was a two night paid stay in the Greek Isle resort. Talk about awesome. To top it off, I met a friend in Vegas and we had a Vegas vacation. It was miraculous. Another perk, I landed the job- it's in Hawaii- working on a cruise ship. I haven't accepted it yet because I am still getting my license transferred. Also, this month I took a road trip with my dad to Durango. My brother and his family were moving to Utah and needed some help with moving their stuff. I loved the drive, the time with my family, and I knew we were helping out. Durango is beautiful and sadly I only visited twice during the 6 or 7 years my brother lived there.

November: At the first of this month I sort of got obsessed with living off the land- and in parent's yard that means apples. I was overtaken by the simple beauty and bounty of an apple tree. (I also picked my neighbor’s apples). Aside from being grateful for the apples and extended warm weather, I've reflected on my life's happiness. I have a lot of happiness amidst the struggles. I have a career, options, a place to live, and I have many friends and family. I feel surrounded by love and know that I can't take that for granted. I enjoyed Thanksgiving and was happy to spend it with friends and family.

December: I am proud to say that I saw my first UFO. Dugway happened and I didn't see it and I was totally bummed. Then on December 12th I was woken up by a flash of bluish green light in my room. I looked out the window and saw the flash across the sky two more times- which resulted in a power outage for more than an hour. I was freaking out and woke up my parents. My mom thought it must have been a car or something. It was not a car! I am not alone in my witnessing, I found another person who saw the same thing. I am a believer now. I saw a UFO! I am also looking forward to the blue moon Dec. 31st. After all, blues moons only happen 'once in a blue moon'.

Thank you if you read this long post. I hope your year was filled with happiness, hope, love, and light.

11 comments:

Brinn said...

I loved your holiday newsletter :) You are such a beautiful person and I admire you immensely. Congrats on the new job!! Wow- that is completely amazing! Hello Hawaii.

Heather said...

Wow! What a year! Lots of fun and accomplishment amidst the trials. I will be sad when you move to Hawaii, but it will be a good experience for you, and you deserve it! :) Thanks for the newsletter...yes, it was long, but it was fun to read about your year and think Oh, I remember that! Here's to an awesome 2010!

stacie said...

Well Hawaii is not set in stone- so we shant get our hopes up or down just yet!

The Breese Family said...

Stacie. I loved it! It's great to reflect. Sounds like you have achieved so much. Love you much!

Shannon said...

I very much enjoyed reading about your year! Hawaii would be an amazing experience...of course I'd miss ya like crazy, but I'd be happy for you if you decided to do it! Can't wait to see ya in a few days! Loves!

Brookie said...

Stace, I think I saw you Christmas Day going on a little walk. But by the time I realized it was you it was too late to roll down the window and yell! It was good to see you though.

I can't believe you went to Iron and Wine for FREE! That is Dan's favorite, he loves Sam Beam. If that ever happens again in Utah you have to let me know, even if it costs money. We aren't big concert goers so I always need a little heads up. But when I think back, we may have been in Europe. We were there for 2 weeks in August. But next time, give me a nudge.

Also, a UFO? I'm so jealous. I love hearing stories like that.

I just want you to know I enjoyed reading about your year since I don't get to talk to you much. It's good to hear how you've been doing and I have to say I'm proud of you!

Brookie said...

Oops, it's me Sara. . . .Olson I'm signed in under Brookie updating her mission blog.

oilzdoc said...

Stacie, I loved reading about your year, but I love you more!

Becky Foster said...

I loved this Stace! I'm glad that you documented your excitement. It all seemed so great! Man, if I did this it'd be so-oo boring. You should feel proud!

April said...

So I haven't been in the blogging world for awhile. Love the new pic!!! Loved the update. I love how when you write, I can hear you saying it. I just love ya!

Jed and Stacey said...

I love your new header and I loved your Holiday Letter!!